A Vaticanist has published a list of the new Cardinals who will be named next week. The Pope continues the tragic tradition: talk Catholic and appoint old Liberals.
[kreuz.net, Vatican] Next Wednesday the Pope will hold a Consistory to reveal the names of new Cardinals.
This is from Vaticanist of the Italian News 'Il Foglio', Paulo Rodari.
The Consistory will be prepared for the feast of Christ the King on the 20th and 21st of November.
There should be more Prelates above 80 among the future Cardinals. They are not able to vote in the next Conclave.
To this group belong the deserving Bavarian Church Historian, Prelate Walter Walter Brandmüller (81), the former, very deserving, Choirmaster of the Sistine Chapel, Prelate Domenico Bartolucci (93) and the earlier President of the Papal Academy for Life, Bishop Elio Sgreccia (82).
All three prelates are personal friends of the Pope.
The College of Cardinals still tips left
According to information from Rodari, the Pope will name as Cardinal the old liberal Mixa-Hunter and Archbishop Reinhold Marx (57) of Munich and Freising. Msgr Marx was also responsible for the sacrifice of the deserving
Abbot of Ettal on the Altar of the Media Bosses.
As expected Benedict XVI, will appoint the Directors of the Vatican Dicasteries to Cardinal. They are:
- The Catholic Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, Archbishop Raymond Leo Burke (62) from the United States.
- The old Liberal President of the Papal Office for the Unity of Christians, Archbishop Kurt Koch (60) from Switzerland,
-The old Liberal President of the Papal Office of Cults, Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi
(67), [Another Curator of Obscene Art]
- The old Liberal Prefect of the Congregation of the Causes of Saints, Archbishop Angelo Amato (72)
- The neo-Conservative Prefect of the Congregation of Clergy, Archbishop Mauro Piacenza (66), [Not sure why kreuz.net thinks he's bad, he was a protege of Cardinal Siri after all, we'll see]
- The old Liberal President of the Prefecture for Economic Affairs of the Holy See, Archbishop Velasio De Paolis
- The Apostolic Grand Penitentiary, Archbishop Fortunato Baldelli (75).
Further Candidates for the Cardinals Hat are according to Rodari:
- The Catholic Archbishop Malcom Ranjith Patabendige (62) of Colombo in Sri Lanka,
- The Old Liberal Archbishop Donald William Wuerl (69) of Washington in the United States
- The Archbishop Larent Monsengwo Pasinya (71) of Kinshasa in the Congo,
- The neo-Conservative Archbishop Paolo Romeo (72) of Palermo,
- The neo-Conservative Archbishop Paol Sardi (76), of Pro=Patron of the Maltese Order.
- Archbishop Francesco Monterisi (76), the Archpriest of the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls.
Rodari suspects that the Pope supposedly is keeping to the rule that no Archbishop can be made Cardinal if his predecessor is Cardinal and still lives.
For this reason the Archbishops of Mechelen-Brüssel, Prague, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Bogota, Turin or Westminster will go away empty handed.
There the emeritus Archbishop of Munich, Friedrich Cardinal Wetter (82), still lives, could be an excuse, to avoid the scandalous appointment of Archbishop Marx.
According to information from the US=Vaticanist Robert Moynihan the Consistorium could be held over in the coming spring.
The reason: In the end of winter there will be at least another further six or seven seats free, to name new Cardinals for.
But also at the same time Moynihan refers to the clerical tailors of Rome, who can be expected to be "very busy" in the coming weeks.
Link to the original... Kreuz.net...