|Pope Urges Chad Bishops to Dialogue With Muslims|
Exhortation to the faithful to live a life according to the Christian message and according to Catholic moral teaching - In addition, Francis criticized the "very simple religious proposals from all sides on a moral level" in his address.
Vatican City (kath.net/KAP) Pope Francis has called on the Catholic Church in Chad to dialogue with Islam. This could curb the spread of violence, with which Christians are exposed in the neighboring countries, said the Pope on Thursday to the country's bishops at the Vatican. He also called for stricter adherence to Catholic moral teaching. The way of life of Catholics in Chad must be based on the Christian message, said Francis.
Of the more than twelve million people of Chad, 56 percent are Muslim, the remaining 44 percent are divided equally between Christians and animists. According to Vatican reports, there are a million Catholics live in the country. Francis criticized "very simple religious proposals from all sides on a moral level" in his speak. The "weight of certain cultural traditions" was "very strong". He did not name a specific example. In some African countries even among Catholics, polygamy is still widespread. Copyright 2014 Catholic Press Agency, Vienna, Austria All rights reserved. Link to Kath.net...
Trans: Tancred email@example.com AMDG