AFP - Pope Francis has admitted the existence of a "gay lobby" inside the Vatican's secretive administration, the Curia, according to sources cited Tuesday by religious media.
"In the Curia, there are truly some saints, but there is also a current of corruption," the 76-year-old is quoted as having said during an audience last Thursday with CLAR (the Latin American and Caribbean Confederation of Religious Men and Women).
"There is talk of a 'gay lobby' and it's true, it exists," he said.
The Argentine pope has made reforming the Roman Curia -- the heavily criticised and intrigue-filled administration of the Catholic Church -- a keystone of his papacy, but said it would be "difficult".
"I cannot carry out the reforms myself," he said, explaining that he was "disorganised".
For that reason, the task will be handled by a commission of eight cardinals from around the world whom Francis appointed in April to help him govern the Catholic Church, set to meet for the first time in October.
We cite the following:
- Cardinal Giuseppe Bertello of Italy, President of the Government of the Vatican City State;
- Cardinal Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa of Chile, the retired archbishop of Santiago;
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias of India, archbishop of Bombay (Mumbai);
- Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the archbishop of Kinshasa
- Cardinal George Pell of Australia, the archbishop of Sydney;
- Cardinal Oscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga of Honduras, the archbishop of Tegucigalpa.
The names O'Malley and Pell are enough to tell me that I'll likely be dead of old age before I see the Catholic Church established by Jesus Christ again. Except for the fact that the Catholic Church is alive and well within the SSPX and the Traditional Catholic orders that work with them, of course. And there is the real hope that I will live to see the Consecration. Other than that, only my faith keeps me from utter despair because I am CATHOLIC and not a Prot or Pagan.
Pope Benedict said The Church will be smaller. Jesus said
the gate is wide, the road narrow.
I am anon 8:25 pm. I believe Jesus said the way is narrow.
The Way is narrow.
Post a Comment