Sunday, December 12, 2010
The Legionaries of Christ leave founder-worship behind...
(Rome, Italy) The official website of Regnum Christi has just posted a news piece about new norms that they put in place in regards to how they will deal with the memory of their founder, Fr. Marcial Maciel.
Here are the new rules listed on the R.C. site:
- In institutional writings, the way of referring to Fr Maciel will be as “founder of the Legion of Christ and Regnum Christi” or simply “Fr Maciel.”
- It is confirmed that photographs of the founder alone or with the Holy Father cannot be
placed in Legionary or Regnum Christi centers.
- Dates having to do with his person (birthday, baptismal day, name day, and priestly ordination anniversary) are not to be celebrated. The anniversary of his death, January 30, will be a day dedicated especially to prayer.
- The founder’s personal writings and talks will not be for sale in the congregation’s publishing houses, centers, and works of apostolate.
- The crypt of the Cotija cemetery with the mortal remains of the Maciel Degollado family, Fr Maciel and other Legionaries of Christ and Regnum Christi consecrated members will be given the value that pertains to any Christian burial place. It will be treated as a place of prayer for the eternal repose of the deceased.
- The retreat centers in Cotija will continue offering the same services, but a place for prayer, reparation, and expiation will be created there.
For more details: http://www.regnumchristi.org/english/articulos/articulo.phtml?se=359&ca=509&te=903&id=31724&csearch=509