Edit: we've got a dissident "Catholic" Education guy and a would-be traditionalist from Kansas City coming around saying that the Bishop really was out of his depth and that this pending dismissal with a Visitor from Canada, is being done for all the right reasons Here are some thoughts from Keyser Sose at La Nueva Primavera.
On the other hand, the Visitor is himself something of an outspoken opponent of Gomorrism. This will be a real test of Archbishop Pendergrast's integrity if he resists what we assume is a foregone conclusion.
Since there are so few of them, the Vatican is making little effort to hide its contempt for Traditionally-minded bishops.
The latest target is Kansas City-St. Joseph's Robert Fiinn, who is under investigation by the Vatican. While the secular media tries to paint Bishop Finn as someone who protected a child-molester, it doesn't take a genius to see what really irks the Vatican about this bishop:
• He promotes Summorum Pontificum and regularly offers the Extraordinary Form of the Mass • He published a pastoral letter about the dangers of pornography
• He has lifted new vocations to a 40-year high, packing his seminaries with 110 new seminarians • He has publicly warned Catholics that they cannot be Freemasons
• He cleaned up the mess he inherited from his predecessor, "company man" Raymond Boland, by: • Slashing funding for diocesan bureaucracies
• Revising the diocese's adult catechesis program
• Firing a lay chancellor and replacing him with a priest
• Ordering the editor of the diocesan paper to stop publishing columns by dissident Richard McBrien
• He took an oratory slated for demolition and transformed it into a thriving Latin Mass parish
• He publicly prays rosary vigils in front of abortion clinics