[Vatican] Pope Benedict XVI. will hold a Consistory in 2012 in order to name new Cardinals. This is according to Vaticanist Sandro Magister for the Italian weekly 'L'Espresso'. The Pope may announce the Consistory at a general audience by the 18th of January. Archbishop Rainer Maria Woelki of Berlin will be among those named. The naming of other Curial Cardinals is also expected. Among those are:
- The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Archbishop Fernando Filoni,
- The Prefect of the Congregation for the Institute of Consecrated Life, Archbishop João Braz de Aviz,
- The President of the Vatican Administration of the Patrimony of the Holy See">Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See,
- The President of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See, Archbishop Giuseppe Versaldi,
- The President of the Govenorate of the Vatican City State.
- The Pro-Grandmaster of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem, Archbishop Edwin O'Brien,
- The Archpriest of the Basilica of St. Maria Major, Archbishop Santos Abril y Castello.