Sign the Petition:
At the moment, Swiss media are grinding an axe against the excellent Bishop Vitus Huonder of Chur.
Some dissenting priests of his diocese – including a former director of the seminary and a former vicar general – together with some state sponsored church-tax administrators cry out for “effective steps” and a “focused campaign” against the bishop.
Their aim is to make the bishop quit his position.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder holds a doctorate in Old Testament and a doctorate in liturgy. He has been for many years the vicar general of his present diocese.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder is a Catholic and faithful to the magisterium of the Church and faithful to the Pope.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder is a proponent of the Reform of the Reform, which is so close to the heart of Pope Benedict XVI.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has faithfully implemented the motu proprio ‘Summorum Pontificum’ in his diocese and has himself celebrated on some occasions the Traditional Latin Mass.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has defended seminarians who ask for a truly priestly formation in the Seminary.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has welcomed a studio of Gloria.TV in his diocese. He has written a letter of support for Gloria.TV.
Gloria.TV calls on every Catholic of good will to sign a petition letter and to show support for this faithful bishop who, in this moment, is attacked by the wolves.
Sign Petition, Here.